Wednesday, April 26, 2006

On the road

Just a quick note to let you all know that I'm at Roger Ebert's Overlooked Film Festival. My intention was to file daily updates about the festival, but what is it they say about best laid plans? Mine have had holes shot in them.

First and foremost is the lack of free wi-fi internet access at my hotel. I knew that was the case and figured I might pay for it one or two nights, which is why I'm able to post this. (I won't pay for it each night I'm here, a cost that would surpass my monthly Road Runner subscription.) I thought I caught a break when I spotted a Panera Bread near the hotel, but while in the restaurant the computer wasn't able to locate their network. As it turns out, they're having trouble with their server.

The other issue is that there are only so many hours in the day, not enough of which can be spent writing (or to writing anything worthwhile). We'll see how things go, and maybe I'll get a post or two up before leaving town. Full daily reports will be forthcoming, just not quite in the manner in which I wanted to file them.

No comments:

Post a Comment