Saturday, March 08, 2008

Cleveland Film Festival 2008: There Will Be Snow

As is to be expected, there has not been much time to write while shuttling between films. I'd hoped to do some quick write-ups this morning, but with the weather being what it is, I ought to get out to clear off my car and drive the less than a mile to Tower City Center to gear up for another full day of movies.

Yesterday's slate included:

-Sam Phillips: The Man Who Invented Rock'n'Roll
-The Brother from Another Planet
-Spine Tingler! The William Castle Story
-What We Do is Secret
-Timecrimes (Los Cronoscrimenes)

I was going to see The International (Beynelmilel), but I punted the first session of the day while dithering over whether to make the trek north. I planned to watch Stiletto, but all screenings of it have been cancelled. The attendees are still showing up for the 32nd Cleveland International Film Festival, although numbers appear to be down for obvious reasons.

The highs weren't too high and lows not too low, so it was a decent moviegoing day. Spine Tingler! was my favorite of the bunch, but I'll save specific thoughts on these films for later.

Today's screenings include new films from Hou Hsiao-hsien and Christophe Honoré.

No comments:

Post a Comment